1. Choose 10 of your all time favorite books. 2. Take a sentence from the book, and make a list in your journal. 3. Don't reveal the author or the title of the book. 4. Now everyone try and guess.
1. "There's no rush for Isaac Newton. We were quite happy with Aristotle's cosmos. Personally, I preferred it. Fifty-five crystal spheres geared to God's crankshaft is my idea of a satisfying universe."
2. Norah, staring very hard at a fly which was wading through a jungle of long hairs in the green baize table cloth, wondered miserably *why* she had never made the Marigold Patrol work harder. - The Marigolds Make Good, by Catherine Christian (xanantha)
3. "I did, yes. This Baluchistan hound of mine, which my cousin offered to exercise for me, has been getting me into trouble. I regret to say that he - er - forgot himself among the cows in Green Park." - Frederica, by Georgette Heyer (iharbis)
4. "An interesting effect to watch for," Max was telling them, "is in the upper left-hand quadrant of the sky, where if you look very carefully you can see the star system Hastromil boiling away into the ultra-violet." - The Restaurant at the End of the Universe (gingerelanor)
5. There was a fierce struggle, but the cook, one Mrs Moleskin, a large, stout woman with a savage temper, at last thrust Bonnie into the broom cupboard and reported her to Mrs Brisket. - The Wolves of Willoughby Chase, by Joan Aiken (aitchemelle)
6. "And even in the days of King Edward, third of that name," he would tell them, always in the same words, so that they mouthed it with him and almost stifled themselves with silent laughter, "there were no less than seventeen guides in succession needed to conduct him north to south."
7. Vladimir specialized in grey studies of hopeless misery, where nothing happened until page three hundred and eighty, when the moujik decided to commit suicide.
8. Mesurier made a movement as of protest, but Antonia very sensibly pointed out to him that Kenneth was bound to tell Violet all about it anyway, so he might as well get it over. Death in the Stocks, by Georgette Heyer (farmergril)
9. Well, Mother, we were happily married this morning and a very pretty wedding it was. I only wish you could have beeen present at his lordship's kind invitation, but as I said to him, at eighty-seven some physical infirmities are only to be expected. - Busman's Honeymoon by DLS (ms_wanderlust)
10. Weedy people say la and fie and swoon when they see a bunch of daffodils. - Down With Skool! (gingerelanor/mrsrev)